Saturday, March 15, 2008

How to be evaluated??????

Hmmmmm..... makes me feel really nervous.......till now, I'm not the chosen one to be called to present or in other word, to teach the whole class... luckily, I’m doing my micro teaching in pair..my partner??? of course Zuwariyah Adi. She is a good partner. Talking about the teaching, I'm sure that we are ready for this. After been told about this since several weeks ago, we prepared for this.
Hmm, the feeling to be evaluated? Of course and for sure I feel nervous, and sometimes my mind made a very positive thinking: “ahh, they are just my friends who’s going to evaluate me..so, there’s nothing to be afraid of.”. It is so amazing when my mind is guiding me to be calm. But, actually it is very rare to happen.
The preparation for the teaching day? Hmm, seems like both of us are ready to be a very good teacher for all my friends. Can we? Of course, because they are evaluating us. So, we must be a good teacher. For that time, I must beware of my language, my pronunciation and also my grammar. It is not something easy for me as I’m rarely using English in my daily conversation. So, I deserve it. I think, it is better for me to start using this language seriously.
There is nothing more to say.. Now, my partner and I just waiting for the time and….just wait and see.. I can’t promise anything, but I’ll try my best.

4 comments:

noor shazrina said...

I think being nervous when doing microteaching is a positive thing since it can motivate us to do our best in this activity. We need to control ourselves for showing those nervousness as we do not want the feeling of anxiety to disturb our microteaching. A teacher should not look afraid in front his/her students. I feel that be well-prepared before we start our microteaching will help us overcome the anxiety level.
I am agreed with Ainie’s opinion about the language and grammar that a teacher should use. We will soon graduate and go to school to teach so I think everyone of us should improve our grammar and language. We should not make mistakes in our instructions as well.

choki2 said...

i also get nervous when i had to do for my mikroteaching. i agree that being nervous when doing mikroteaching is a positive thing. yeah..it can motivate us to do our best in that activity.
ainie, we are in the same boat. i have not got the chance yet to do my mikroteaching with my partner, Azila.
but, the time will come sooner..=)

ZuwariyahAdi said...

It is so difficult when we want to give the comment for our own partner. Honestly speaking, she is great; doing work properly, on time and well mannered. I agree that,nervousness is the most thing that she afraid. She says to me that she hates when there is butterfly in her stomach. However she's really good in writing.

AuNie said...

Being nervous when doing microteaching... I think everybody shares the same feeling. Me too. Sometimes, being evaluate can helps you to do better in th microteaching. But, sometimes, it also can make you do something stupid that you yourself did not think it would happen.For Example, you utter words of your mother tongue accidentally because you are awfully nervous being evaluate. It seems like the nervousness is 2 times or maybe more than not being evaluate, right..Even you have been prepared for it. isn't it frustrating? But, I think, if you can manage your nervousness it will be okay. Do not worry about what people will say first. Just focus on the lesson you want to teach then it will be okay and you won't spoil your own teaching.